05 January 2009

P-R-E-C-E-P-T-S

(Not quite R-E-S-P-E-C-T. But close).

So I have to sub for fourth grade religious education tonight. The lesson: The Church Teaches. I get to figure out how to explain vocabulary terms like "magisterium" and "precepts of the Church." Luckily, the teacher's guide included this (rhyming) acrostic to help me out:

Participate in Mass and observe all holy days.
Reconciliation calls you to mend your sinful ways.
Easter is the time to receive Communion yearly.
Church members act to serve the Church that they all love so dearly.
Eat no meat and fast when asked to show your true devotion.
Penance is a way to show your sorrowful emotion.
Talents, time, and treasure will help the Church grow strong.
So do your part and keep these rules to show that you belong.

3 comments:

Tae said...

that's pretty F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C

Unknown said...

I was thinking the same thing!

Isaac Garcia said...

Calm down, Eve!