08 January 2009

Are You A Voyager?

Over Christmas vacation I watched almost the entire first season of Star Trek Voyager. It's a good show. There are some catechetical moments, mostly when Captain Janeway or another member of the crew is faced with an ethical and moral dilemma. In one episode, Tuvak, the Vulcan who relies heavily on logic, defies the captains wishes because he believes the captain wants something to be done but doesn't want to face the moral dilemma herself. She eventually finds out, to which she replies:
"You can use logic to justify almost anything. That's its power, and its flaw."
For those of you who finished reading all the way through the post and didn't stop at the words "Star Trek", congrats!

10 comments:

Meli said...

I used to watch Voyager all the time :-)

Unknown said...

I haven't seen Voyager in a while! I hope you're pumped for the new Star Trek movie, I know I am.

Isaac Garcia said...

Yay! Echo Voyager fan club!
I'll be sure to see the new movie. Does it come out during the summer? Echo Star Trek outing? All dressed as Spock?

Unknown said...

I almost made it through the whole post... but then started skimming...

Tae said...

the movie actually comes out May 8th. i will be there opening night-no doubt about it. it looks solid and jj abrams can pretty much do no wrong.

Movies that do come out this summer session
-Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
-Transformers 2
-Public Enemies (w/Johnny Depp and Christian Bale)

Unknown said...

let's do Harry Potter!

Katie said...

hahahaha. i'm trying my very hardest not to be judgmental of our echo trekkies. :)

but i can't really judge - my parents used to watch star trek all the time...

Isaac Garcia said...

So you're a Star Trek baby then?

Tae said...

i wouldn't call myself a trekkie by any means as i grew up a bigger Star Wars fan. BUT i do say that i am stoked after watching this trailer

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3484418841/

jj abrams (who created LOST), Sylar from Heroes, and Zoe Saldana for the win!

Anna said...

Lisa, I am totally in your boat; let's go see Harry Potter!