01 September 2009

Our Cute Retired Pastor

Our retired pastor still hangs out around the parish. He's not here all the time, but he comes into the office and answers e-mails, reads things, who knows what else. Today he walked by my office and said "Don't fall asleep now!" Surprisingly I'm rather awake! I went down to our copy room to pick up some stuff I printed off and there he was, looking at a magazine. He started telling me a story of his sister, who has passed away. He said she would always call people by cute names, such as honey bun. When she was in the nursing home the assistant would say good night and she would respond with "Good night sweet pea." He said the assistants working there laughed so hard at that. I was thinking to myself, where is this story coming from!? Well, on the cover of the magazine there was a picture of a baby wearing a hat. And on the hat it said "sweet pea." Funny how God can make us remember things about our loved ones.

1 comment:

Tae said...

so did he call you sweet pea?

what a nickname...